Security and peace of mind for less than £2 a day
People inevitably make mistakes and equipment does fail. Regular
backups of your data are essential but how robust are your systems
The importance of having an effective data backup regime is crucial
in any business, large or small. In case of an emergency, there
must be regular backups of your transaction data held off-site and
unless your staff adhere to a strict backup regime as well, then
they also risk losing critical data too.
Most businesses now employ email servers, file servers and applications
servers, storing data in multiple formats, ranging from Microsoft
Word documents, to SQL databases. Plus staff may have other important
documents and spreadsheets stored on desktop and laptop PC's.
Data may be lost:
- Following a software, hardware or operating system failure
- In the event of a disaster, such as fire, flood, vandalism or
- If you are a victim of data hacking or other malicious 'cyber
- If mobile equipment is lost or stolen
- If insufficient tapes or other devices are used in the rotation
- If tapes, USB sticks and/or other back-up media fail
Such events can affect any server, desktop or laptop PC that isn't
covered by an appropriate and disciplined back-up procedure, including
off-site storage of suitable media. Despite the fact that losing
valuable business documents and data can be extremely costly and
damaging to a business, many remain exposed to these threats.
Email: Security & Access
New research shows that access to email is considered business
critical for small and mid-sized enterprises - it has become the
predominant way of communicating. Despite this growing reliance
on email however, only one in ten SMEs (11%) can access emails if
their Exchange server fails or is affected by disaster (fire, flood
etc). Therefore, 89% of SMEs have no way of accessing emails should
they suffer a serious server failure.
The Safe, secure, low-cost solution
EDP's Online Backup service will securely encrypt and automatically
backup all your files, databases and emails stored on Windows
servers, desktops and laptops, to our secure off-site servers
at our data centre - giving you peace of mind.
- No more human error, backup tapes or USB sticks, just
a secure and automated service that ensures you can recover
those documents and data that are vital to your business.
- You can retrieve individual files or restore the entire
system, as required. In the event of a server failure, you
can restore your backup files instantly to another device,
allowing employees to continue working.
Security: Encrypted Data
Online Backup uses 256-bit encryption so there is no risk that
the data can be accessed by anyone without permission as the customer
holds the encryption key.
Automation: Removes Human Error
No more remembering to replace the backup tape or take the removable
drive off-site. Online Backup automatically stores your data every
day and sends a daily summary of completed jobs.
Accessing your Data
Accessing your data is simple and
secure through the local backup client installed on your servers and/or desktops, so
you have total control of your backed up data.
The Complete Service
- An automated process ensuring regular reliable backups
- Eliminates the need for tape-based backups or USB sticks to
be taken off-site
- No up-front capital investment required
- £50 per month for up to 8 devices (max 10GB per device)
- Additional storage & devices from £5 per month
Call 01908 249740 today
for more information on EDP's Online Backup services